University of Edinburgh: Informatics (Institute for Computing Systems Architecture)
This course is no longer offered.
University of Edinburgh currently offers other courses in School of Informatics:
- Advanced Design Informatics
- Artificial Intelligence
- Cognitive Science
- Computer Science
- Data Science
- Data Science
- Data Science, Technology and Innovation
- Design Informatics
- Edinburgh Parallel Computing Centre (EPCC)
- EPSRC Centre for Doctoral Training in Data Science
- EPSRC Centre for Doctoral Training in Pervasive Parallelism
- EPSRC Centre for Doctoral Training in Robotics & Autonomous Systems
- High Performance Computing
- High Performance Computing with Data Science
- Informatics: ANC: Machine Learning, Computational Neuroscience, Computational Biology
- Informatics: CISA: Automated Reasoning, Agents, Data Intensive Research, Knowledge Management
- Informatics: ICSA: Computer Architecture, Compilation and System software, Networks and Communication
- Informatics: ILCC: Language Processing, Speech Technology, Information Retrieval, Cognition
- Informatics: IPAB: Robotics, Computer Vision, Computer Graphics and Animation
- Informatics: LFCS: Theory and Foundations of Computer Science, Databases, Software and Systems Modelling
Browse other courses in Engineering, Computation engineering, Computer systems engineering, Information technology, Software engineering, Information systems or Informatics, or search our comprehensive database of postgrad programs.
|Institution||University of Edinburgh View institution profile|
|Department||School of Informatics View department profile|
The department's current research is focused on the areas of compilers and architectures, parallel computing, wireless networking and processor-automated synthesis by iterative analysis; our wireless communication group is particularly strong, and presently working on expanding wireless reach within Scotland; while the scope for research is wide, each area is underpinned by our fundamental aims: to extend understanding of existing systems; to improve current systems; and to develop new architecture and engineering methods.
University of Edinburgh
School of Informatics
The School of Informatics at the University of Edinburgh was ranked first in research power in the 2014 Research Excellence Framework (REF). We produce world leading and internationally excellent research. With around 120 members of academic staff, not only are we are one of the biggest schools within its field in the UK, we are also located in a prime location the heart of a tech cluster which has over 100 start-ups and nearby Codebase, the biggest tech incubator in the UK. Studying at the School of Informatics, you would be joining the world ...
Not what you are looking for?Browse other courses in Engineering, Computation engineering, Computer systems engineering, Information technology, Software engineering, Information systems or Informatics, or search our comprehensive database of postgrad programs.
Scholarship Opportunity with Postgrad.com
Are you a PG student at this University or have you applied to study a postgraduate program at a university in Europe? Tell us your plans and qualify for a £500.00 PGS Scholarship.Click here