The Northern School of Art (formerly Cleveland College of Art and Design): MA Creative Design for Enterprise
|Institution||The Northern School of Art (formerly Cleveland College of Art and Design)|
In today’s dynamic media world, creativity and innovation are inseparably integrated with technology and globalisation. Our MA in Creative Design Enterprise is a distinctive programme that will allow you to develop your practice while being innovative through the use of technology while being underpinned with business skills for the creative industry. The programme will help students develop a reflective, inquisitive and critical view of the creative industries.
This unique programme is designed to enhance careers such as solo practitioners, an entrepreneur or a member of a large organisation within the creative economy.
Students will come to the MA with an idea to explore – then embark on a personal journey of discovery. The relentless pace of the creative industries can hinder innovation so here at The Northern School of Art the process slows down to allow experimentation and reflection. Through a structured and highly mentored environment you will be given the time to research and support to innovate.
The MA draws on both analytical and practical modes of inquiry recognising the importance of design in the 21st century. The course will be developed through seminars, lectures, tutorials, visiting speakers, group critiques, and will include workshops and topics such as:
- Creative thinking and problem solving
- Thinking outside the box and applying fresh thinking
- Building skills to act as a bridge between the worlds of creativity and business, working on an industry collaborative project where you and your peers will be faced with design, management and entrepreneurial challenges
- Learning by working with a diverse group of people, industry professionals and academic staff
- Recognise the need for change and the ability to manage change
- Brand marketing and Finance
- Market Theory and Market segmentation
- Investigation and exploration
- Resolution, Presentation and Evaluation,
- Create business, marketing and promotional plans suitable for use in the creative industries
Expert staff will be on hand to give you individual advice and insight. You will be encouraged to forge links within industry or practice communities, leading to the development of original work which has relevance to a specific market or audience.
EXPECTED START DATE: January 2020
Master in Arts - MArts
|Level||RQF Level 7|
Applicants must have either...
RECOGNITION OF PRIOR LEARNING (RPL)
|Location||The Northern School of Art|
|EU||6500 GBP for Year 1|
|England||6500 GBP for Year 1|
|Northern Ireland||6500 GBP for Year 1|
|Scotland||6500 GBP for Year 1|
|Wales||6500 GBP for Year 1|
Not what you are looking for?Browse other courses in Arts and crafts, Arts, Art theory, Art history, Community arts, Creative arts, Design, Visual arts, Crafts, Business and management or Business studies, or search our comprehensive database of postgrad programs.
Scholarship Opportunity with Postgrad.com
Are you a PG student at this University or have you applied to study a postgraduate program at a university in Europe? Tell us your plans and qualify for a £500.00 PGS Scholarship.Click here