July 7, 2021
Swansea University scoops silver Diversity and Inclusion Whatuni award
Swansea University has been recognised for its excellence in diversity and inclusion during the pandemic, winning a silver award in the 2021 Whatuni Student Choice Awards.
The annual awards, now in their eighth year, highlight the work done by institutions to support their students, and celebrate resilience, innovation and diversity within higher education. Uniquely, the nominees and winners are selected by students themselves, and judged by a specially chosen panel made up of prospective and current university students.
This year’s awards were made up of four categories:
- Student Support
- Excellence in Digital Innovation
- Enhanced Graduate Outcomes
- Diversity and Inclusion
As well as claiming second place in the Diversity and Inclusion category, Swansea University was also shortlisted in the Excellence in Digital Innovation.
Swansea received a silver award in the Diversity and Inclusion category after impressing the judges with its commitment to fostering a safe and inclusive environment that improves diversity, and many of its initiatives, including:
- Establishing a Race Inclusion Students Advisory Committee
- Working with an Advance HE practitioner to design solutions to enhance the experience of minority ethnic and overseas students at University
- Creating a forum for students with disabilities
- Forming a trans and non-binary support group for students
Learn more about postgraduate study at Swansea University.
Looking for funding for postgraduate studies? Check out the exclusive bursaries on offer from Postgrad Solutions.
Content added on 7th July 2021.
Like us on Facebook. Follow us on Twitter.