Manchester Metropolitan University: Business Analytics
|Institution||Manchester Metropolitan University View institution profile|
|Department||Operations,Technology, Events and Hospitality Mangement|
|Telephone||0161 247 6969|
Tech is growing at a phenomenal rate. To keep up with competition and progress, businesses need graduates who can harness the power of data, spot new opportunities and efficiencies.
During this course, you’ll learn how big data can be used to streamline operations and improve economic performance. As well as learning about data management, you’ll also discover how to use big data to identify profitable business opportunities.
You’ll master a variety of tools and information systems and develop practical skills in data visualisation. This course will also allow you to delve deeper into areas such as data mining, analytics in marketing and hospitality business analytics.
**Learn from the experts**
You don’t need a degree in business intelligence or analytics to join this course. You can enrol with no prior knowledge of business or management, and develop the expertise needed for specialist roles in this rewarding field.
To explore the sector, you’ll get valuable insights into the important role business analysis plays in modern organisations through our guest lecture series. We invite experienced and active professionals from different areas of the industry to give you an idea of the potential career paths available to you when you graduate.
**Features and Benefits**
- Taught by experts - this course is delivered by academics who have their feet firmly in the world of consulting and they bring that practical experience into the classroom.
- Customisable degree – this course allows you to tailor your degree to specialise in areas that interest you the most.
- A city of opportunities – with global organisations, innovative start-ups and a thriving tech scene, Manchester offers a wealth of opportunities. Use our connections with employers to enhance your studies and professional network.
- Real-life learning – apply your new skills outside of your course, with an opportunity to take short-term internships with employers in the city.
- Behind-the-scenes business visits – see how businesses are structured through visits to global organisations such as Manchester United, Jaguar Land Rover and BBC MediaCityUK.
- Unique insights – learn from guest lecturers who are leading professionals.
- Employability – attend a series of key industry events and masterclasses throughout your course and network with recruiting businesses.
|Level||RQF Level 7|
Normally a good UK honours degree (minimum 2:2), or equivalent (including international), in any subject. We also welcome applications from candidates who may not have a degree but do have equivalent professional qualifications or significant, relevant management experience.
Students are assessed through a mixture of coursework and examinations, alongside face-to-face or digital presentations and multimedia assignments.
Manchester Metropolitan University
A modern university in a great global city
Manchester Metropolitan University has a proud heritage dating back to 1824. It is one of the largest universities in the UK, with over 38,000 students, and is home to a diverse international student population from more than 120 countries.
The University is ranked amongst the world’s top 200 universities under 50 years old*, which is a measure of its commitment to delivering and supporting quality research and teaching.
Manchester Metropolitan’s campus is located in the centre of Manchester, amongst world-renowned music, arts, shopping and sports ...
Not what you are looking for?Browse other courses in Administration, Business studies, e-business, European business studies, International business studies, Entrepreneurial studies, Process management, Information technology, Business information technology, Data analysis, Data processing, Industrial information technology or Analytical science, or search our comprehensive database of postgrad programs.
Scholarship Opportunity with Postgrad.com
Are you a PG student at this University or have you applied to study a postgraduate program at a university in Europe? Tell us your plans and qualify for a £500.00 PGS Scholarship.Click here