Manchester Metropolitan University: International Tourism and Hospitality Management
|Institution||Manchester Metropolitan University View institution profile|
|Department||Marketing, Retail and Tourism|
|Telephone||0161 247 6969|
Tourism and hospitality are vital to economies all over the world. This is a sector that’s full of opportunities and constantly evolving.
On this course, you’ll study the latest management practices and how they apply to tourist operations, attractions, resorts and more.
**By industry, for industry**
We created this course in partnership with airlines, attractions, hotels and other organisations, including the Association of British Travel Agents (ABTA), Expedia and STA Travel. And we’re working with even more to give you firsthand experience of the industry throughout your studies.
There will be live client briefs, guest lecturers, field trips and industry events. You’ll get to attend meetings with the regional ABTA group and have the option to complete an internship with one of our partners, where many of our graduates have been offered jobs.
**Experts in the field**
Your tutors have worked in tourism and hospitality organisations around the world – with decades of experience between them. And since this course is part of our Business School, you’ll also be taught by specialists in areas like digital strategy or entrepreneurship.
With the course being accredited by organisations like the Association for Tourism in Higher Education, you can be certain you’ll have access to the highest levels of expertise.
**Features and Benefits**
- **Triple crown** - study in a Business School that has prestigious triple accreditation from EQUIS, AACSB and AMBA.
- **Study in a city of culture** – surrounded by Manchester’s excellent attractions on your doorstep, you’ll regularly get to see tourism and hospitality in action.
- **Tourism and hospitality experts** – you’ll be taught by staff with extensive experience managing operations in the hotel and restaurant industries or experts with tour operator management background.
- **Industry connections** – take advantage of our extensive industry links and seek out exciting opportunities in the thriving world of international tourism.
- **Regular Industry events** – learn valuable insights from guest lecturers working in the field, and visit key tourism organisations and hospitality giants.
- **Hands on learning** – work with tourism and hospitality employers to develop your professional tourism and hospitality skills, putting them into practice organising your own live project.
- **Placements** – build a powerful CV filled with real-life experience through volunteering and professional internships of up to 48 weeks.
- **Tourism and hospitality opportunities** – graduate with a qualification that will allow you to pursue a variety of management careers in the global tourism and hospitality sector.
|Level||RQF Level 7|
This course is available to graduates holding at least a 2:2 UK Honours degree (or international equivalent) from any subject. Candidates with industry-relevant management experience may be considered.
Manchester Metropolitan University
A modern university in a great global city
Manchester Metropolitan University has a proud heritage dating back to 1824. It is one of the largest universities in the UK, with over 38,000 students, and is home to a diverse international student population from more than 140 countries.
The University is ranked amongst the world’s top 200 universities under 50 years old*, which is a measure of its commitment to delivering and supporting quality research and teaching.
Manchester Metropolitan’s campus is located in the centre of Manchester, amongst world-renowned music, arts, shopping and sports ...
Not what you are looking for?Browse other courses in Administration, Business studies, Management, Food, Hospitality management, Accommodation, Catering, Entertainment management, Events management, Guest-house management, Home economics, Hospitality services, Hotel management, Hotel receptionist studies, Housekeeping, Institutional management, Licensed retail management, Leisure studies, Leisure management, Recreation, Recreation management, Tourism, Adventure tourism, Travel, Cruise operations management, Fares and ticketing or Resort representative studies, or search our comprehensive database of postgrad programs.
Scholarship Opportunity with Postgrad.com
Are you a PG student at this University or have you applied to study a postgraduate program at a university in Europe? Tell us your plans and qualify for a £500.00 PGS Scholarship.Click here