Liverpool John Moores University: Primate Behaviour and Conservation (MSc)
|Institution||Liverpool John Moores University View institution profile|
|Department||School of Natural Sciences and Psychology View department profile|
|Telephone||0151 231 2888|
Learn about primate behaviour, welfare and conservation on this masters course delivered by Liverpool John Moores University. You will be taught by world-leading experts and have access to excellent facilities in the UK and research sites overseas.
- Complete this masters degree in one year (full time)
- Delivered by world experts in the field of primate behaviour, welfare and conservation
- Overseas field trip to Tanzania included in the fees – this is a fantastic opportunity to observe primates in the wild. You will practice and develop advanced skills in behavioural observation, non-invasive sampling of health and welfare indicators and conservation monitoring+
- State-of-the-art teaching and laboratory facilities (including genetics, drone technology and GIS facilities)
- Opportunity to design and complete a primate field study abroad using the latest software packages, such as ArcGIS, R, Distance
+The air fare, site accommodation and site costs are paid by Liverpool John Moores University. You will be required to meet other potential costs, such as field clothing, visas and immunisations if required.
1 course option
|Level||RQF Level 7|
If you have an undergraduate degree: Minimum classification required: 2.2; subject area(s): Biology, conservation, animal behaviour, zoology, ecology; plus you must provide a satisfactory reference from a suitable person, such as your employer or line manager. If you have non-standard qualifications: Experience is accepted on a case by case basis; if you do not have an Honours degree in a relevant subject area your application may still be considered; professional experience, publications, written reports, continuing professional development (CPD) activities and other suitable evidence of accomplishment will be taken into account. You will also be interviewed by the Programme Leader; plus you must provide a satisfactory reference from a suitable person, such as your employer or line manager.
Programme assessment includes written reports, verbal presentations and practical tests.
Primate Behaviour and Conservation
* Includes an overseas field trip to Tanzania, which is included in your course fees. This is a fantastic opportunity to observe primates in the wild. You will practice and develop advanced skills in behavioural observation, non-invasive sampling of health and welfare indicators and conservation monitoring. The field trip air fare, site accommodation and site costs are paid by Liverpool John Moores University. You will be required to meet other potential costs, such as field clothing, visas and immunisations if required.
|Location||Liverpool John Moores University|
Student Recruitment and Admissions
|EU||8000 GBP for Year 1|
|England||8000 GBP for Year 1|
|Northern Ireland||8000 GBP for Year 1|
|Scotland||8000 GBP for Year 1|
|Wales||8000 GBP for Year 1|
|International||14450 GBP for Year 1|
Liverpool John Moores University
School of Natural Sciences and Psychology
Liverpool John Moores University’s (LJMU) School of Natural Sciences and Psychology has an international reputation for impactful research and high quality teaching. The broad range of disciplines we bring together in the School means that our staff and students have unique opportunities to gain knowledge and conduct research across different fields within natural sciences and psychology.
We welcome students from over 100 different countries and work in collaboration with businesses, professional bodies and educational institutions from all over the world showing how diverse LJMU is.
- 80-strong academic team, including ...
Not what you are looking for?Browse other courses in Agriculture, Animal husbandry or Animal behaviour, or search our comprehensive database of postgrad programs.
Scholarship Opportunity with Postgrad.com
Are you a PG student at this University or have you applied to study a postgraduate program at a university in Europe? Tell us your plans and qualify for a £500.00 PGS Scholarship.Click here