West Dean College of Arts and Conservationhttp://www.westdean.org.uk
West Dean College of Arts and Conservation
West Dean College of Arts and Conservation has an international profile for conservation and creative arts education. The college is formally affiliated with the University of Sussex and study options range from Foundation degrees and graduate diplomas to MA and MFA, awarded by the University of Sussex.
You can expect an immersive environment with a forward-thinking approach, strong professional connections and a rich heritage of creativity. The unique college environment near Chichester in West Sussex, UK is conducive to focused study and students benefit from a high tutor to student ratio.
View the 2018-19 prospectus
See the workshops alive with current projects and discover the facilities and equipment. You can join an informal talk by our Director of Education and Programme Leaders or explore the studios and workshops at your leisure. Tour the student accommodation, specialist art and conservation library, and meet staff and students to find out about student life.
See the college in action, talk to students, find out about our bursaries and scholarships.
New Postgraduate Loans
If you are a UK student and plan to take a postgraduate Master's course you may be able to get a postgraduate loan of up to £10,000 to help with course fees and living costs.
School of Conservation
Conservation graduates from West Dean College are among the most sought-after in their field.
Access exciting projects, develop your skills, collaborate across disciplines and gain a qualification to further your employment opportunities.
Conservation of Books, Ceramics, Clocks, Furniture or Metals.
MA Collections Care and Conservation Management, offers you the flexibility of part time study in the historic house environment of the College.
Our School of Conservation provides:
- Practical hands-on skills and object-based treatments
- Tutors with extensive and varied experience
- Access to historic artefacts from the public and private sectors
- Expert visiting lecturers from public and private institutions
- Masterclasses from international experts
- Fully-equipped studios with dedicated equipment and workspaces
- Visits to leading studios, workshops and collections within your discipline
- An ethical approach informed by national and international practice
- Skills to write reports on objects, their condition and conservation treatments
- Theoretical, scientific and analytical study of artefacts and materials
- Historical research and interpretation of the objects you work on
- Access to an analytical laboratory
Most students undertake work placements within museums or businesses.
School of Creative Arts
Explore and expand your work in a unique environment with its own connections to art history.
Study Visual Arts with specialisms in Painting and Drawing, Sculpture or Tapestry and Textile Art.
Study Musical Instrument making to develop the craftsmanship skills to become a maker, you will complete two to three instrument-making projects a year.
Develop your writing with our MA Creative Writing and Publishing (p/t) taught by published authors in the inspirational surroundings of West Dean College.
You can expect:
- Exceptional studio space
- Visiting lecturers in specialist subjects and an artist-in-residence programme
- To exhibit and display your work in various contexts (Visual Arts students)
- An interdisciplinary approach
- Technical support and specialist Art and Conservation library
West Dean College of Arts and Conservation is set in the historic and atmospheric West Dean House, former home of Edward James, patron of the Surrealist Movement. An inspirational setting conducive to focused study and innovative practice.
Visit our website
Scholarship Opportunity with Postgrad.com
Are you a PG student at this University or have you applied to study a postgraduate program at a university in Europe? Tell us your plans and qualify for a £500.00 PGS Scholarship.Click here