University of Glasgow: School of Social and Political Sciencesglasgow.ac.uk/socialpolitical
University of Glasgow
School of Social & Political Sciences
The University of Glasgow’s School of Social & Political Sciences links core social science disciplines to deliver high-quality teaching and cutting-edge research. We offer a wide variety of programmes for those interested in the development and impact of economies and societies globally.
Founded in 1451, the University of Glasgow is the fourth oldest university in the English-speaking world. The University has a history of changing the world and the School of Social & Political Sciences is committed to nurturing the people who make it happen.
Postgraduate taught degrees
Our postgraduate degrees are offered across seven subject areas and provide knowledge, skills and training relevant to a broad range of careers in the public and private sectors including government and non-government organisations, media, business, academia and social research.
- Central & East European Studies – including the socio-economic, cultural and political transformation of Central and Eastern Europe, alongside a selection of language options in Czech, Hungarian, Polish, Russian or Chinese.
- Economic & Social History – with exceptional strength in business and financial history, contemporary global economy, history of medicine, social and gender history.
- Planning, Real Estate, Housing & Urban Studies – degrees are validated by professional accreditation bodies (RTPI, RICS, CIH) and provide an intensive fast track entry to a professional career. There are also specialised programmes in public policy and urban big data.
- Politics & International Relations – including comparative politics, European politics, the global economy, global security, human rights, political communication, and Chinese studies.
- Public Policy – including the impact of policy on society, the development and delivery of policy, and public policy and management.
- Sociology & Criminology – covering topics such as culture and theory, criminology, racism, gender, sexuality, disability, migrations, media studies, and health.
- Social Research Methods – degrees designed to progress to a PhD or to work as a social researcher.
Erasmus Mundus Joint Master Degrees
Our two-year Erasmus Mundus Joint Master Degrees (EMJMD) allow you to gain an international student experience by studying with the University of Glasgow and its consortium partners across Europe and further afield. Prestigious Erasmus Mundus scholarships are available for well-qualified applicants.
- Central & East European, Russian & Eurasian Studies, IntM
- Global Markets, Local Creativities, IntM
- Security, Intelligence & Strategic Studies, IntM
- South European Studies, IntM
Postgraduate research opportunities
Our staff have expertise in a range of innovative methodological and theoretical approaches and engage extensively with public and private sector partners in research dissemination and knowledge exchange to advance understanding of social sciences. This provides an excellent environment for research in each of our research subject areas.
- Central & East European Studies
- Economic & Social History
- Politics & International Relations
- Urban Studies
- Central and East European, Russian and Eurasian Studies (Erasmus Mundus International Master)
- Central & East European, Russian & Eurasian Studies (Erasmus Mundus International Master)
- Chinese Studies (MSc)
- City Planning
- City Planning and Real Estate Development
- Criminology and Criminal Justice
- Criminology and Criminal Justice MSc
- Criminology MRes
- Digital Society
- Equality and Human Rights
- Global Economy
- Global Health
- Global Markets, Local Creatives
- Global Markets, Local Creativities (Erasmus Mundus International Master)
- Global Migrations and Social Justice
- Global Migrations & Social Justice
- Global Security
- Housing Studies
- Human Rights and International Politics
- International Real Estate and Management (MSc)
- International Relations
- International Relations (Glasgow-Nankai Joint Graduate School)
- International Relations MSc (University of Glasgow-Nankai University Joint Graduate School)
- Media, Communications and International Journalism
- Media, Culture and Society
- Political Communication
- Public and Urban Policy
- Public Policy and Management
- Public Policy Research
- Real Estate
- Russian, East European and Eurasian Studies
- Russian, East European & Eurasian Studies
- Security, Intelligence & Strategic Studies (Erasmus Mundus International Master)
- Sociology and Research Methods
- South European Studies
- South European Studies (Erasmus Mundus International Master)
- Spatial Planning
- Transnational Crime, Justice and Security
- Urban Analytics
- Urban Research
- Urban Studies
- Urban Transport
Scholarship Opportunity with Postgrad.com
Are you a PG student at this University or have you applied to study a postgraduate program at a university in Europe? Tell us your plans and qualify for a £500.00 PGS Scholarship.Click here