University of Glasgow: School of Social and Political Scienceshttp://www.glasgow.ac.uk/schools/socialpolitical
University of Glasgow
Why study at the School of Social and Political Sciences?
The School of Social and Political Sciences brings together well-established research and teaching programmes in Central and East European Studies, Economic and Social History, Politics, Sociology, and Urban Studies. There is a long tradition of excellence in these subjects, which we are committed to continuing.
The School offers a dynamic environment for teaching and research:
- over 90% of our students are satisfied with the learning and general experience in the School.
- Sociology at Glasgow was rated 1st in Scotland and 2nd across the UK as a whole (Guardian University Guide 2013)
- over half the research activity across the School was rated as 'world leading' or 'internationally excellent' at the last Research Assessment Exercise.
- our work continues to engage with contemporary economic, political, social and cultural issues, taking a global and long-run perspective on social concerns and challenges.
Funding and scholarships are sometimes available to help you complete your studies.
Opportunities to take up work placements or internships , and to meet potential employers may also be offered.
What can I study at the School of Social and Political Sciences?
The full list of our programmes is available here .
The School of Social and Political Sciences gathers programmes around the following subject areas:
- In Central and East European Studies
- In Economic and Social History
- In Politics
- In Sociology
- In Urban Studies
- an International Masters in Russian, Central & East European Studies
- several Masters of Research (MRes) such as Sociology and Research Methods , Equality and human Rights , Criminology , and Political Communication
- and many more Masters of Science (MSc), for example Global Security , Urban Regeneration , Social History , Global Economy , and International Politics (China)
What our students say:
“Having completed my undergraduate degree at the University of Glasgow I already knew I loved the campus, and that the course would be really well put together with fantastic teaching staff. The campus is always lively and buzzing with student activity, providing a great atmosphere with lots to do.
A great thing about my MSc programme is its interdisciplinary nature. My fellow classmates come from a variety of degree disciplines and this makes discussion more rounded and interesting. The mixture of ages and experience is also great as everyone has something different to offer.”
Helen Swan (UK) , MSc Global Security
“I'd highly recommend the IMRCEES program at the University of Glasgow. I chose to study at Glasgow University because it sounded like a good program in an interesting city, and it really was. The classes were fascinating (very politics oriented), I was able to study Polish (another reason I chose Glasgow), and the program enabled me to also study in Poland, which is quite unique. Studying at the University of Glasgow was great, too, and very multicultural. The student life was excellent, the people of Glasgow are friendly, and the city is exciting. It's a very intellectually stimulating environment, with many opportunities in and out of the classroom to expand your horizons.”
Sarah Tanksalvala (USA), International Masters in Russian, Central and East European Studies
The quickest and easiest way is to apply online:
For a postgraduate taught degree
For a postgraduate research degree
University of Glasgow
School of Social and Political Sciences
Adam Smith Building
40 Bute Gardens
Glasgow G12 8RT
Direct line: +44 (0)141 330 6090
E-mail enquiry: email@example.com
- Antiquities Trafficking and Art Crime PgCert: online distance learning (Postgraduate Certificate - PgCert)
- Chinese Studies (MSc)
- City Planning (MSc)
- City Planning and Real Estate Development (MSc)
- Criminology and Criminal Justice MSc (MSc/Postgraduate Diploma - PgDip)
- Criminology MRes (Master of Research - MRes/Postgraduate Diploma - PgDip)
- Equality and Human Rights (MSc)
- Equality and Human Rights (Master of Research - MRes)
- Global Economy (MSc)
- Global Health (MSc)
- Global Markets, Local Creatives (International Master's)
- Global Security (MSc)
- Global Security (Master of Research - MRes)
- Housing Studies (MSc/Postgraduate Diploma - PgDip)
- Human Rights and International Politics (MSc/Postgraduate Diploma - PgDip)
- Human Rights and International Politics (Master of Research - MRes)
- International Real Estate and Management (MSc)
- International Relations (MSc)
- International Relations (Master of Research - MRes)
- Media, Communications and International Journalism (MSc)
- Political Communication (MSc/Postgraduate Diploma - PgDip)
- Political Communication (Master of Research - MRes)
- Public and Urban Policy (MSc/Postgraduate Diploma - PgDip)
- Public Policy and Management (MSc/Postgraduate Diploma - PgDip)
- Public Policy Research (Master of Research - MRes)
- Real Estate (Postgraduate Certificate - PgCert)
- Real Estate (MSc)
- Russian for Social Scientists (Postgraduate Certificate - PgCert)
- Russian for Social Scientists (Postgraduate Diploma - PgDip)
- Russian Language (Postgraduate Certificate - PgCert)
- Russian Language (Postgraduate Diploma - PgDip)
- Sociology (MSc)
- Sociology and Research Methods (Master of Research - MRes)
- Spatial Planning (Postgraduate Certificate - PgCert)
- Transnational Crime, Justice and Security (MSc)
- Urban Research (Master of Research - MRes)
- Urban Transport (MSc)
Scholarship Opportunity with Postgrad.com
Are you a PG student at this University or have you applied to study a postgraduate program at a university in Europe? Tell us your plans and qualify for a £500.00 PGS Scholarship.Click here