find your perfect postgrad program
Search our Database of 30,000 Courses
University of Edinburgh: Business School
University of Edinburgh
The University of Edinburgh Business School has a long and established tradition of research excellence, dating back to 1919, when we introduced the first Bachelors of Commerce.
We’re committed to developing tomorrow’s business leaders, like any Business School. But what really drives us is helping you play to your strengths, add to them, and develop strong relationships that will open up the world to you. These relationships are built amongst your peer group, who will come from diverse backgrounds, cultures and professions and who will provide the beginnings of your international network. In Edinburgh you’ll experience this global melting pot in a compact, friendly, safe city known for its striking architecture, intellectual legacy and festival culture.
Today in addition to 21 undergraduate programmes encompassing a range of business topics, 2 full time MBA programmes as well as an Executive MBA programme, and we offer 13 Masters degrees coverage cutting-edge themes including for example: Entrepreneurship and Innovation, Business Analytics, Finance (with specialisms in Energy, Investment and Corporate Finance), Marketing and Business Analysis, and International HR Management.
The world of business never stands still, so it’s important we as business educators keep pace with the developing agenda to deliver the skills our students need to stand apart, and create the leaders needed to address emerging challenges.
We work closely with professional bodies including the Chartered Institute for Personnel and Development (CIPD) and the Chartered Financial Analyst (CFA) institute to ensure our human resource management and finance programmes provide graduates with the accredited qualifications they need to secure professional roles.
Our regular entrepreneur guest speaker events offer inspiration, insights to current practices and the opportunity to network within the school and wider business community. You’ll also have the opportunity to develop your entrepreneurial skills and mind set by participating in practical workshops.
Our students like many of our teaching faculty, come from a variety of backgrounds and countries, which gives the Business School an international feel. Walking the halls you’ll find students from Shanghai, Delhi, Paris and New York as well, as the best home-grown UK talent, exchanging ideas and enjoying exposure to each other’s culture. In 2019/20 we had over 80 different nationalities represented on our Masters programmes and this is a great opportunity for students to develop international networks as well as learn to work in very international groups thereby preparing them for future international job roles.
MBA and Masters programmes:
Full Time MBA
If you are looking to significantly enhance your career prospects - either within your current organisation or somewhere new - the Full-time MBA offers a dynamic, intensive opportunity for progression. There are two variants to this MBA both of which last only 12 months. The first allows you to specialise in certain areas such as Finance, Entrepreneurship, or Strategy. The other option is our full time MBA with an international exchange which allows you to increase your international experience by studying first in Edinburgh and then in one of our international partner institutions.
As well as key skills like advanced communication, decision making and strategic thinking, you will gain an understanding of:
- The nature and complexity of the global challenges facing businesses
- Strategic leadership as an approach to achieving success in a rapidly changing environment
- Key learnings across finance, accounting, strategic marketing, organisation and operations
- How markets and international economies work
- The responsibilities of businesses as stewards of financial, social and natural capital
On our Masters you will be studying:
- In small classes that facilitate participation and ensure greater individual attention.
- Under the guidance of top academics to whom you’ll have genuine access.
- With the assistance of a Student Development Team, working on key skills that employers seek.
- Within a famous university founded in 1583 and ranked 20th in the world (QS 2021).
Here is a list of Masters degrees on offer for entry in September 2020 with links for further information:
- MSc in Accounting and Finance
- MSc in Banking and Risk
- MSc in Business Analytics
- MSc in Climate Change Finance and Investment
- MSc in Entrepreneurship and Innovation
- MSc in Finance
- MSc in Finance, Technology and Policy
- MSc in Human Resource Management
- MSc in International Business and Emerging Markets
- MSc in International Human Resource Management
- MSc in Management
- MSc in Marketing
- MSc in Marketing and Business Analysis
- Accounting (Doctor of Philosophy - PhD)
- Accounting and Finance (MSc)
- Banking and Risk (MSc)
- Business Administration, Master of (MBA/MBA (International))
- Business Analytics (MSc)
- Climate Change Finance and Investment (MSc)
- Entrepreneurship and Innovation (MSc)
- Executive Master of Business Administration (MBA (Executive))
- Finance (Doctor of Philosophy - PhD)
Scholarship Opportunity with Postgrad.com
Are you a PG student at this University or have you applied to study a postgraduate program at a university in Europe? Tell us your plans and qualify for a £500.00 PGS Scholarship.Click here