Coventry University: Business and Organisational Psychology with Professional Experience
|Institution||Coventry University View institution profile|
|Department||School of Psychological, Social and Behavioural Sciences|
This professionally accredited course provides an applied and theoretical basis for evidence-based Business and Organisational practice. A sophisticated understanding and strategic insight will be developed into how Business and Organisational Psychology aids the understanding of personnel selection and recruitment, consumer behaviours, employee motivation and engagement, leadership in practice, and the impact of globalisation on organisational behaviours. It aims to equip you with the expert knowledge required to develop your skills in workplace wellbeing, personnel assessment and job-related effectiveness at an organisational, supervisory and individual level.
You will be taught by academics, many of whom benefit from practitioner experience either as a Business Psychologist or through consultancy-based work, which has previously included organisations like Royal Bank of Scotland, West Midlands Fire Service and Ricoh UK. Many are research-active too, bringing cutting-edge knowledge in work-life balance, emotional resilience, stress management and well-being into the classroom, providing the opportunity for students to collaborate on applied projects. Existing projects have ranged from the development of psychometric tests to looking at the impact of technology on work-life issues.
If you choose the ‘With Professional Experience’ route, you will gain substantive professional experience and have the option of applying for an internship with a host of different organisations or participate in supervised, campus-based projects. Internships are being organised within the University Organisational Development Unit, as well as with public health agencies, schools, forensic science laboratories, the NHS, police, prison service and various charities.
**Key Course Benefits**
* Dedicated consumer psychology module, which provides a critical understanding of applied marketing and advertising practice.
* Attend professional business conferences, such as the National Work and Wellbeing Conference or the Workplace Sustainability Conference.
* Opportunity to develop an entrepreneurial business idea through a literature review and business plan, from stress management and coaching to resilience measures for organisations.
* £60m refurbishment of Health and Life Sciences facilities includes new specialist teaching facilities in the Richard Crossman building – light and dark multisensory laboratories and ‘mock’ prison cells, to complement the existing mock hospital ward and operating theatre.
* Regular expert guest lecturers from practising Business Psychologists and staff from the University Research Centres, including the Centre for Advances in Behavioural Science. Recent topics have covered returning to the workplace after cancer, occupational health in action, stress management theory and practice.
**Accreditation and Professional Recognition**
This course is accredited and recognised by the following professional bodies
**Association for Business Psychology**
|Level||RQF Level 7|
2.2 honours degree in Psychology, Business, Science or Social Sciences. Any applications that do not meet these requirements will be considered on an individual basis.
|EU||12450 GBP for Whole course|
|England||12450 GBP for Whole course|
|Northern Ireland||12450 GBP for Whole course|
|Scotland||12450 GBP for Whole course|
|Wales||12450 GBP for Whole course|
|International||16700 GBP for Whole course|
Coventry University is a dynamic university that provides high quality education to students. Our teaching, staff, facilities and student experience have all been recognised as being among the finest in the sector and our future is looking bright as a modern university with a flourishing global reputation.
Why choose Coventry University?
- Top 15 for five years running in the Guardian University Guide (2016-2020)
- Awarded University of the Year for Student Experience (The Times and Sunday Times Good University Guide 2019)
- 1st for Overseas Experiences (based on student trips abroad from HESA 2016/17 data)
- Gold for outstanding teaching ...
Not what you are looking for?Browse other courses in Psychology, or search our comprehensive database of postgrad programs.
Scholarship Opportunity with Postgrad.com
Are you a PG student at this University or have you applied to study a postgraduate program at a university in Europe? Tell us your plans and qualify for a £500.00 PGS Scholarship.Click here