Coventry University: Professional Creative Writing
|Institution||Coventry University View institution profile|
|Department||School of Art and Design|
Innovation and internationalisation are key, with a focus on contemporary and emerging forms, such as the graphic novel, creative non-fiction, multimodal writing, eco-writing, e-publishing and writing for online video production. There will be a high level of virtual learning resources including video lectures, podcasts, virtual workshops, online writers’ groups, writers’ blogs and online peer-to-peer feedback, enabling easy global access. The course has an international outlook with texts studied coming from around the world and we have Online International Learning partners in institutions overseas: these offer the possibility of online student writing collaborations.
Two themed writers’ retreats are incorporated into the course: these are one week long field trips to coincide with significant writing up periods and may be in the UK or abroad. Current options include two of the following:
Horror: a winter week in the seaside town of Whitby, where Bram Stoker gave birth to Dracula.
Romance: a spring week in the Lake District, haunt of the English Romantic poets.
Crime: a spring or summer week in Sicily, home of the Mafia.
Myth and the Muses: a summer week in Greece, ancestral home of Western literature.
Other: A student may as an alternative elect to organise a DIY writers’ retreat, aligned to their own specific needs as a writer.
**Key course benefits;**
- Modules have professional coursework outputs in industry-ready form.
- Specific attention is given to commercial and related opportunities (professional networks, awards and competitions, submission windows, commissions and grants).
- There are major mandatory modules in the key professional genres of narrative and dramatic writing (including ‘writing for television’), reflecting the real world professional activities of writers and employability opportunities for writers.
|Level||RQF Level 7|
2.1 honours degree in a relevant academic discipline. Any applications that do not meet these requirements will be considered on an individual basis.
|EU||12600 GBP for Year 1|
|England||12600 GBP for Year 1|
|Northern Ireland||12600 GBP for Year 1|
|Scotland||12600 GBP for Year 1|
|Wales||12600 GBP for Year 1|
|International||16600 GBP for Year 1|
Coventry University is a dynamic university that provides high quality education to students. Our teaching, staff, facilities and student experience have all been recognised as being among the finest in the sector and our future is looking bright as a modern university with a flourishing global reputation.
Why choose Coventry University?
- Top 15 for five years running in the Guardian University Guide (2016-2020)
- Awarded University of the Year for Student Experience (The Times and Sunday Times Good University Guide 2019)
- 1st for Overseas Experiences (based on student trips abroad from HESA 2016/17 data)
- Gold for outstanding teaching ...
Not what you are looking for?Browse other courses in Creative writing, or search our comprehensive database of postgrad programs.
Scholarship Opportunity with Postgrad.com
Are you a PG student at this University or have you applied to study a postgraduate program at a university in Europe? Tell us your plans and qualify for a £500.00 PGS Scholarship.Click here