Birkbeck, University of London: Organizational Psychology (accelerated distance learning)
|Institution||Birkbeck, University of London View institution profile|
|Telephone||020 7631 6567|
Offered for full-time accelerated network (distance) learning, this highly respected Master's degree will develop your understanding of people and organisations and knowledge of occupational psychology and organisational behaviour. Network learning at Birkbeck differs from traditional distance learning, as it includes attendance at termly weekend workshops and tutor-facilitated computer conferencing, in addition to online materials. The five weekend workshops are an integral part of the network learning programme and cover topics such as life career development, organisational change, and employee relations and motivation.
Teaching on the course is informed by cutting-edge research in the field and you will be encouraged to engage in critical thinking and to reflect on theory and practice. You will also acquire applied research skills in preparation for an independent research project on a subject that interests you.
You will be taught by leading academics and practitioners who have a wealth of experience in supporting and encouraging students who are studying via network learning. Ours is a friendly, welcoming community of learners who are keen to work hard, share their professional experience with classmates and network and make contacts.
This course is also available for full-time and part-time evening study and part-time network learning over two years.
- This degree provides the materials to enhance or develop your career in organisational psychology, management, human resources, training and development or consultancy.
- Accredited by the British Psychological Society as providing the knowledge base for progress towards professional qualification as an occupational psychologist.
- You will have access to an extensive range of electronic resources for each module.
- Celebrating our 55th anniversary in 2017, Birkbeck's Department of Organizational Psychology was the first department of occupational psychology in the UK. We continue to play a distinctive role in British occupational psychology - and, increasingly, within organisational behaviour. We have been delivering programmes by network learning for nearly 30 years and we are established experts in using digital technologies to create and maintain an engaged and supportive learning environment for our students.
- Network learning students attend five weekend workshops. These are non-residential and run from late on Friday afternoon through to lunchtime on Sunday. There are evening activities at all the workshops. (Please note: you must be able to attend the first weekend workshop, normally the last weekend in September, if you wish to be accepted onto the course.)
|Level||RQF Level 7|
A good first degree (usually the equivalent of 2:2 or above). Work experience of any kind is desirable.
To proceed to Stage 2 of accreditation with the British Psychological Society (BPS), you need to fulfil the requirements for the Graduate Basis for Chartered (GBC) Membership of the BPS. This requires a BPS-recognised qualification in psychology.
Management development professionals and consultants without a first degree but with suitable professional qualifications or significant work experience in a range of organisations may be considered in line with Birkbeck’s mission of widening participation.
Essays or reports, written examinations and an independent applied research project (10,000 words), submitted at the end of the year.
For information about course structure and the modules you will be studying, please visit Birkbeck’s online prospectus.
Birkbeck, University of London
Birkbeck, part of the University of London, offers nearly 300 taught and research postgraduate programmes across arts and humanities, business and economics, law, science and social science. As an evening teaching specialist, Birkbeck offers its taught postgraduate courses between 6-9pm, with some courses available through distance learning. As with undergraduate courses, postgraduates can study full-time or part-time.
Home to 44 research and specialist institutes, Birkbeck is the sixth largest provider of taught postgrad courses for UK and EU students - some 44% of its 11,000-plus students are on postgrad programmes. Around 90% of its academics ...
Not what you are looking for?Browse other courses in Occupational psychology or Organisational behaviour, or search our comprehensive database of postgrad programs.
Scholarship Opportunity with Postgrad.com
Are you a PG student at this University or have you applied to study a postgraduate program at a university in Europe? Tell us your plans and qualify for a £500.00 PGS Scholarship.Click here