Birkbeck, University of London: Sport Governance
|Institution||Birkbeck, University of London View institution profile|
|Telephone||0203 907 0700|
This programme introduces you to issues of governance and regulation and how they apply in the sport industry. It provides you with a thorough introduction to theoretical issues in corporate governance and sport economics, and links these to the governance and regulation of sport in practice.
The programme is ideally suited to the needs of executives within football clubs and media organisations, officers of football and sport regulatory bodies, members of supporters' organisations and local government officials with responsibilities in the leisure field. It will also appeal to those with a general interest in the sport, football and media industries, or those seeking a broad, general education in sport management with a view to switching career into the sport business sector.
Teaching on the Postgraduate Certificate in Sport Management/Postgraduate Certificate in Sport Governance is also informed by the activities of the academic staff in the Birkbeck Sport Business Centre, Birkbeck’s designated research centre for the study of sport business.
- Discusses the 'peculiar economics' of the sport industry and the need for appropriate forms of regulation.
- Helps you acquire the learning and research skills, and competencies, that are viewed as transferable and career-enhancing.
- An opportunity to progress to the MSc Sport Management and the Business of Football.
- The Department of Management is an internationally recognised centre of excellence in teaching, research and consultancy.
- Our academic staff are active researchers as well as enthusiastic teachers, and regularly publish cutting-edge articles in the world's leading journals.
- We engage in significant collaborative research and have excellent contacts with many public and private sector organisations, professional bodies and researchers at other academic institutions.
Postgraduate Certificate - PgCert
|Level||RQF Level 7|
Our standard postgraduate entry requirement is a second-class honours degree (2:2 or above) from a UK university, or an equivalent international qualification.
We will review every postgraduate application to Birkbeck on its individual merits and your professional qualifications and/or relevant work experience will be taken into consideration positively. We actively support and encourage applications from mature learners.
|Channel Islands||3980 GBP for Year 1|
|International||6140 GBP for Year 1|
|EU||3980 GBP for Year 1|
|England||3980 GBP for Year 1|
|Northern Ireland||3980 GBP for Year 1|
|Scotland||3980 GBP for Year 1|
|Wales||3980 GBP for Year 1|
Birkbeck, University of London
Birkbeck, part of the University of London, offers nearly 300 taught and research postgraduate programmes across arts and humanities, business and economics, law, science and social science. As an evening teaching specialist, Birkbeck offers its taught postgraduate courses between 6-9pm, with some courses available through distance learning. As with undergraduate courses, postgraduates can study full-time or part-time.
Home to 44 research and specialist institutes, Birkbeck is the sixth largest provider of taught postgrad courses for UK and EU students - some 44% of its 11,000-plus students are on postgrad programmes. Around 90% of its academics ...
Not what you are looking for?Browse other courses in Sports studies, or search our comprehensive database of postgrad programs.
Scholarship Opportunity with Postgrad.com
Are you a PG student at this University or have you applied to study a postgraduate program at a university in Europe? Tell us your plans and qualify for a £500.00 PGS Scholarship.Click here