Birkbeck, University of London: Governance, Economics and Public Policy
|Institution||Birkbeck, University of London View institution profile|
|Telephone||0203 907 0700|
Following the 2008 financial crisis, there has been a heightened interest in management and British public policy and its influence on the economy and society. Reasons underpinning this interest include high profile failures in corporate governance; a growing need to demonstrate accountability, transparency and sustainability; and increasing political engagement and activism in relation to policy-making and holding political leaders to account.
This interdisciplinary MSc - involving Birkbeck’s internationally recognised Departments of Management, Politics, Economics and Geography - addresses these interests. The programme is designed to give you a more comprehensive knowledge of the complex and dynamic relationships between corporate governance, economics and public policy, as well as the relationship between organisations in the public, private and third sector, and their stakeholders. It is also endorsed by the Progressive Economy Forum (PEF), and you will be invited to attend their public events and guest lectures.
If you work in an area of governance and public policy/politics, or if you wish to develop a career within it and/or are interested in better understanding and influencing governance and policy this programme is ideal. Birkbeck is one of the few institutions in London to offer a postgraduate qualification in this area.
- Based in the School of Business, Economics and Informatics, the Department of Management is an internationally recognised centre of excellence in teaching, research and consultancy in the broad field of management.
- Our academic staff are active researchers as well as enthusiastic teachers, and regularly publish cutting-edge articles in the world's leading journals. We have particular research strengths in corporate governance, international business and strategy, the management of innovation and entrepreneurship, human resource management, sport management and marketing, as well as financial management and accounting.
- This MSc provides a strong foundation for PhD research in the area.
- Benefits from the involvement of a number of leading figures in the field, including PEF council members, high level political leaders, policy makers and civil servants. We engage in significant collaborative research and have excellent contacts with many public and private sector organisations, professional bodies and researchers at other academic institutions.
- You will have access to Moodle, our online learning resource, where all information and materials relating to your programme of study and modules are available, as well as the Birkbeck Library and e-Library.
|Level||RQF Level 7|
Our standard postgraduate entry requirement is a second-class honours degree (2:2 or above) from a UK university, or an equivalent international qualification.
We will review every postgraduate application to Birkbeck on its individual merits and your professional qualifications and/or relevant work experience will be taken into consideration positively. We actively support and encourage applications from mature learners.
Birkbeck, University of London
Birkbeck, part of the University of London, offers nearly 300 taught and research postgraduate programmes across arts and humanities, business and economics, law, science and social science. As an evening teaching specialist, Birkbeck offers its taught postgraduate courses between 6-9pm, with some courses available through distance learning. As with undergraduate courses, postgraduates can study full-time or part-time.
Home to 44 research and specialist institutes, Birkbeck is the sixth largest provider of taught postgrad courses for UK and EU students - some 44% of its 11,000-plus students are on postgrad programmes. Around 90% of its academics ...
Not what you are looking for?Browse other courses in Governance, Economics or British politics, or search our comprehensive database of postgrad programs.
Scholarship Opportunity with Postgrad.com
Are you a PG student at this University or have you applied to study a postgraduate program at a university in Europe? Tell us your plans and qualify for a £500.00 PGS Scholarship.Click here