Birkbeck, University of London: Higher Education
|Institution||Birkbeck, University of London View institution profile|
|Telephone||0203 907 0700|
This Postgraduate Certificate in Higher Education is designed for all those teaching in higher education. Reflecting on your own experience of teaching, including critical incidents, we consider the factors that contribute to effective teaching strategies in the education of adults, including:
- understanding how students learn
- teaching and learning techniques and resources
- ways of establishing and maintaining effective learning environments
- developing an integrated approach to assessment.
You will develop holistic approaches to planning learning activities and events, including ways to integrate principles of social inclusion and widening participation into learning events.
Please note: this is a qualification for higher education-level teaching only and this course is therefore not eligible for Student Loan Company funding.
- You will benefit from the input of the teams involved in the Centre for Transformative Practice in Learning and Teaching and the Centre for Social Change and Transformation in Higher Education on the programme.
- In the 2014 Research Excellence Framework (REF), Modern Languages and Linguistics achieved 100% for a research environment conducive to producing research of the highest quality, while 73% of our research was recognised as world-leading or internationally excellent.
- This course is recognised by the Higher Education Academy.
Postgraduate Certificate in Education - PGCE
|Level||RQF Level 7|
Entry requirements for external candidates are normally a second-class honours degree and a minimum of two years' teaching experience on QAA-accredited HE programmes. Acceptance on the programme also requires that candidates are teaching at least 40 hours at HE levels 4-6/7 in the academic year of study in a role commensurate with the UKPSF level 2.
A portfolio of coursework for each module, plus assessed observations of your teaching practice.
For information about course structure and the modules you will be studying, please visit Birkbeck’s online prospectus.
Birkbeck, University of London
Birkbeck, part of the University of London, offers nearly 300 taught and research postgraduate programmes across arts and humanities, business and economics, law, science and social science. As an evening teaching specialist, Birkbeck offers its taught postgraduate courses between 6-9pm, with some courses available through distance learning. As with undergraduate courses, postgraduates can study full-time or part-time.
Home to 44 research and specialist institutes, Birkbeck is the sixth largest provider of taught postgrad courses for UK and EU students - some 44% of its 11,000-plus students are on postgrad programmes. Around 90% of its academics ...
Not what you are looking for?Browse other courses in Adult education, Educational studies or Teacher education, or search our comprehensive database of postgrad programs.
Scholarship Opportunity with Postgrad.com
Are you a PG student at this University or have you applied to study a postgraduate program at a university in Europe? Tell us your plans and qualify for a £500.00 PGS Scholarship.Click here