Birkbeck, University of London: Macromolecular Electron Microscopy
|Institution||Birkbeck, University of London View institution profile|
|Telephone||0203 907 0700|
Recent developments in electron microscopy mean that it can now determine the structures of proteins with near atomic resolution. This new postgraduate course is an excellent introduction to the latest techniques in macromolecular electron microscopy, in which you will learn about:
- image formation in the electron microscope
- preparing samples for biological electron microscopy
- processing electron microsopy image data through to a final 3D atomic model.
- Birkbeck is one of the leading centres in electron microscopy in the world.
- This innovative course is taught entirely using the internet. You study part-time in your own time, wherever you are in the world. Many of our students have full-time jobs or extensive family responsibilities.
- May be taken as a stand-alone certificate course or as part of our acclaimed internet-based MSc Structural Molecular Biology.
- Taught within the Department of Biological Sciences which, with University College London, is part of the leading research-based Institute of Structural and Molecular Biology. Several of the department’s world-class researchers contribute to the course.
- In the 2014 Research Excellence Framework (REF), in a joint submission with UCL, Biological Sciences at Birkbeck were ranked 11th in the UK, with a research environment supporting world-leading and internationally excellent research.
Postgraduate Certificate - PgCert
|Level||RQF Level 7|
A second-class honours degree in science, computing or mathematics, or equivalent qualification, or relevant work experience.
Birkbeck, University of London
Birkbeck, part of the University of London, offers nearly 300 taught and research postgraduate programmes across arts and humanities, business and economics, law, science and social science. As an evening teaching specialist, Birkbeck offers its taught postgraduate courses between 6-9pm, with some courses available through distance learning. As with undergraduate courses, postgraduates can study full-time or part-time.
Home to 44 research and specialist institutes, Birkbeck is the sixth largest provider of taught postgrad courses for UK and EU students - some 44% of its 11,000-plus students are on postgrad programmes. Around 90% of its academics ...
Not what you are looking for?Browse other courses in Molecular biology, or search our comprehensive database of postgrad programs.
Scholarship Opportunity with Postgrad.com
Are you a PG student at this University or have you applied to study a postgraduate program at a university in Europe? Tell us your plans and qualify for a £500.00 PGS Scholarship.Click here