“The campus is a safe and pleasant place to spend time, with good facilities for all aspects of student life.”
The Guardian University Guide 2012
A leading UK university
Loughborough is one of the country’s leading universities, with an international reputation for excellence in teaching and research, strong links with industry and unrivalled sporting achievement. The University scores well with students and in league tables:
- Voted England’s Best Student Experience for six consecutive years
- Consistently top five in the National Student Survey
- A top three university for teaching quality assessments
- Top 20 in The Times, Sunday Times and Guardian rankings
There are many reasons for this, including:
- Attractive 437 acre single-site campus and first-rate facilities
- Excellent location – easy access by air, rail and road
- 91% of 2011 graduates are in employment or further study
- Unrivalled network of partnerships with industry, government and the professions
- Research excellence – six Queen’s Anniversary Awards
- Premier UK university for sport and sport facilities
Great location, facilities and accommodation
Loughborough is in the heart of England and its central location makes it easy to travel to. It is just one mile from the M1, five miles from East Midlands Airport, and is served by a direct and frequent train service to London and other major UK cities.
The University is located on a superb 437 acre campus which boasts exceptional academic, recreational and sporting facilities as well as secure and comfortable student accommodation and comprehensive student support and health services.
The University’s International Office has a dedicated and friendly team of staff who support students every step of the way from applying for a place and finding accommodation, to sourcing funding, and finally seeking employment after graduation.
There is a great deal of investment in new facilities across campus as well as major refurbishments to existing buildings and resources. Postgraduate students benefit from new purpose-built teaching and learning facilities. The improvements span the Pilkington Library, the brand new Design School, Computer Science facilities, Cope Auditorium and Students’ Union.
Loughborough Students’ Union is uniquely owned and run by its students. As well as being a great entertainment venue, the SU is home to a bank, book shop, café, convenience store, dentists, hair dressers, opticians, and pharmacy. The SU also manages an A-Z of clubs and societies, TV and radio stations, a recording studio and student magazine.
Sporting facilities at Loughborough are second to none. Athletes and amateurs alike enjoy great opportunities to participate and spectate across a range of sports.
The University offers more than 130 masters programmes and pioneering research opportunities across all disciplines as well as other forms of training including bespoke career development programmes.
Teaching and research is delivered by 21 schools, departments and specialist units which support over 16,000 students – 4,000 of whom are postgraduates:
- Aeronautical and Automotive Engineering
- Business and Economics
- Chemical Engineering
- Civil and Building Engineering
- Computer Science
- Electronic, Electrical and Systems Engineering
- English and Drama
- Information Science
- Mathematical Sciences
- Mathematics Education Centre
- Mechanical and Manufacturing Engineering
- Politics, History and International Relations
- Social Sciences
- Sport, Exercise and Health Sciences
- Teacher Education
Fees and funding opportunities
A variety of funding opportunities is available to international, EU and UK postgraduate students. Comprehensive and up-to-date information about fees and funding is available online.
Postgraduate taught enquires
T: +44 (0)1509 222496
F: +44 (0)01509 223977
Postgraduate research enquiries
T: +44 (0)1509 222473
F: +44 (0)1509 223938
Keep up to date
Visit the University’s website or Facebook page and keep up to date on Twitter.